Terms & Conditions
CSID® and LEVERAGE Member Security Center Terms and Conditions Agreement
THESE ARE THE TERMS OF OUR AGREEMENT WITH EACH OTHER. ALL OF IT IS IMPORTANT SO TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ IT CAREFULLY. BY ENROLLING AND USING CSID’S AND LEVERAGE’S SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
3. Privacy and Information Sharing
4. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
B.OUR SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS". TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER CSID, LEVERAGE, NOR THEIR AFFILIATES MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER AS TO THE CONTENT, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, THAT A USER WILL HAVE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO OUR SITE, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR THAT OUR SITE, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE. IN ADDITION, CSID, LEVERAGE AND THEIR AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. THEREFORE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, OUR SITE, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. BY USING OUR SERVICES AND OUR SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NEITHER CSID, LEVERAGE, NOR THEIR AFFILIATES HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SITE, CONTENT, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), INCLUDING LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY VIRUSES WHICH MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT.
C.NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
D.We are not a credit repair organization, or similarly regulated organization under other applicable laws, and do not provide credit repair advice.
E.Our credit monitoring offerings monitor only the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer, and do not monitor, compare or cross-reference the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer to any other credit file(s) maintained by the applicable credit bureau(s).
5. Limitation of Liability
A.SUBJECT TO SECTION 4 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND OUR LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
1.ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS; OR
2. ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF:
a. ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE SERVICES OR SITE;
b. ANY CHANGES WHICH WE MAY MAKE TO THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SERVICES);
c. THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
d. YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE US WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION; OR
e. YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
B.THE LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN SECTION 4 ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
6. Payment and Billing
In the event that we bill you directly (that is, you are not billed by one of our third party service providers), you agree that you will make any required payments to us on a timely basis on a monthly (as determined by you when you enroll). You authorize us to bill your credit card or other account that you have designated unless you tell us in advance to cancel your order. In the case of direct payment, you authorize us to: (1) charge your credit card, (2) automatically charge your credit card on a monthly basis for your recurring monthly renewals, as the case may be, and (3) obtain automatic updates for nay expiring credit cards you have provided CSID or LEVERAGE. Monthly fees and renewal fees will be billed at the rate agreed to at purchase. At cancellation, your CSID/LEVERAGE account will be inactivated and you will no longer be able to log into our Site and/or have any access to the Services. With the exception of any subscription commitments agreed by you.
7. Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
When you provide us with comments, suggestions, or ideas (collectively, "Feedback"), such Feedback is not considered confidential and becomes the property of CSID and LEVERAGE. We are not obligated to you if you provide such Feedback. We are free to use, copy, or distribute the Feedback to others for any purpose.
8. International Use
Because you can access this Site and use the Services internationally, you agree to follow all local rules about the Internet, data, e-mail, and privacy. Specifically, you agree to follow all laws that apply to transmitting technical data exported from the United States or the country of your residence.
9. Fair Credit Reporting Act
The Fair Credit Reporting Act allows you to obtain from each credit reporting agency a disclosure of all the information in your credit file at the time of the request. Full disclosure of information in your file at a credit reporting agency must be obtained directly from such credit reporting agency. The credit reports provided or requested through our Site are not intended to constitute the disclosure of information by a credit reporting agency as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act or similar laws.
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act you are entitled to receive an annual free disclosure of your credit report from each of the national credit reporting agencies. To request your free annual report under the FCRA, you must go to www.annualcreditreport.com. You can also contact the central source to request this free annual disclosure by calling toll free (877) 322-8228 or by using the mail request form available at the central source Website.
You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report from a credit reporting agency if:
- You have been denied or were otherwise notified of an adverse action related to credit, insurance, employment, or a government granted license or other government granted benefit within the past sixty (60) days based on information in a credit report provided by such agency.
- You have been denied house/apartment rental or were required to pay a higher deposit than usually required within the past sixty (60) days based on information in a credit report provided by such agency.
- You certify in writing that you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment during the sixty (60) day period beginning on the date on which you made such certification.
- You certify in writing that you are a recipient of public welfare assistance.
- You certify in writing that you have reason to believe that your file at such credit reporting agency contains inaccurate information due to fraud.
In addition, if you reside in the state of Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, or Vermont, you are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report once a year and if you reside in the state of Georgia, you are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report twice a year. For Illinois residents, credit reporting agencies are required by law to give you a copy of your credit record upon request at no charge or for a nominal fee. Otherwise, a consumer reporting agency may impose a reasonable charge for providing you with a copy of your credit report.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act provides that you may dispute inaccurate or incomplete information in your credit report. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE YOUR CREDIT REPORT FROM ANY OF THE CREDIT BUREAUS IN ORDER TO DISPUTE INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION IN YOUR REPORT OR TO RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR REPORT FROM EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN OR TRANSUNION, THE THREE NATIONAL CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES, OR FROM ANY OTHER CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY.
It may be the policies of Equifax, Experian and/or TransUnion to provide a complimentary copy of the consumer credit report under circumstances other than those described above. If you wish to contact Equifax, Experian or TransUnion to obtain a copy of your credit report directly from such agency or if you wish to dispute information contained in an Equifax, Experian or TransUnion credit report file, please contact such entities as follows:
Experian: 1-800-EXPERIAN (1-888-397-3742)
10. Applicable Law
We perform the Services through our corporate headquarters located in the State of Texas. This Agreement shall be governed, interpreted, and enforced according to the laws of the State of Texas, regardless of Texas conflict of laws. Subject to Section 11 below (which provides for arbitration of claims between us to the maximum extent possible), you irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Travis County, Texas for any dispute or litigation arising out of, relating to, or the use or purchase of Services from CSID or LEVERAGE.
Notwithstanding any other agreement to arbitrate or other agreement between you and any third party associated with this relationship or the provision of the Services, CSID, LEVERAGE and you agree that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of, or relating to this Agreement or the relationship contemplated hereby, or any interpretation, construction performance or breach of this Agreement or the Services provided by CSID or LEVERAGE shall be settled by confidential arbitration, in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) Commercial Arbitration Rules (including without limitation the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes) as then in effect. The arbitrator may grant injunctions or other relief in such dispute or controversy. A single arbitrator with knowledge of electronic commerce will conduct the arbitration and the parties will mutually agree upon such arbitrator. In the event that the parties have not agreed upon an arbitrator within thirty (30) days of the date of the notice of intention to arbitrate, the arbitrator will be selected by AAA from its list of arbitrators. The arbitrator will conduct a single hearing no longer than one day in duration for the purpose of receiving evidence and will, if practicable, render a decision within fifteen (15) days after the conclusion of the hearing. The decision of the arbitrator will be final, conclusive and binding on all the parties to the arbitration. Judgment may be rendered on the arbitrator’s decision in any state or federal court. Although the cost of the filing fee for the arbitration will be borne equally by you, CSID and LEVERAGE, all other expenses of the arbitration will be paid by the party who incurred them. In addition to, and separate and apart from, the above agreement to arbitrate, you also agree that you will not participate in any way in any class action in connection with any dispute, controversy or claim, either as a class representative plaintiff or as a member of a putative class.
13. Your Passwords and Account Security
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to us for all activities that occur under your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify us immediately.
14. Termination of Relationship
B.If you want to terminate your legal agreement with us, you may do so, with our without cause, by (a) notifying us at any time and (b) closing your accounts for all of the Services which you use, where we have made this option available to you. Please contact us to close your account.
C.We may at any time terminate our legal agreement with you with our without cause(and for any or no reason). We may also terminate our legal agreement with you if, among other reasons:
2. We are required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Services to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or
3. The provision of the Services to you by us is, in our opinion, no longer commercially viable.
D.If we terminate your Service without cause, CSID and LEVERAGE will refund to you a pro rata portion of any fees already paid directly to CSID and LEVERAGE for the Services that have yet to be provided. If this Agreement has not been terminated, it shall continue indefinitely, and you shall pay the corresponding fees for the Services. When this Agreement terminates, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and we have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time while the Agreement has been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this termination and/or cessation, and the provisions of Sections 4, 5, 6 and 10-15, inclusive, shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
B.We are not responsible for delay or failure to perform due to causes beyond our reasonable control.
D.You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any CSID or LEVERAGE trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found at the Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page without CSID's or LEVERAGE’s express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel, or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of CSID, LEVERAGE or any third party.
E.The Site contains many of the valuable trademarks, service marks, names, titles, logos, images, designs, copyrights and other proprietary materials owned, registered and used by CSID, LEVERAGE and its subsidiaries, including but not limited to, the marks “CSID,” “CSID,” “CyberAgent,” “Protector,” "CSID,” “LEVERAGE,” “Member Security Center” and others. CSID and the CSID product names referenced in the Site are either trademarks, service marks or registered trademarks of CSID Corporation. Any unauthorized use of same is strictly prohibited and all rights in same are reserved by CSID. No use of any CSID trademark may be made by any third party without express written consent of CSID. LEVERAGE Member Security Center and the LEVERAGE product names referenced in the Site are either trademarks, service marks or registered trademarks of LEVERAGE Service Corporation.Other products and company names mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
F.No part of CSID’s Web Site may be reproduced, modified, or distributed in any form or manner without the prior written permission of CSID.
G.The images, text, screens, web pages, materials, data, content and other information ("Content") used and displayed on the Site are the property of CSID or its licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. In addition to our rights in individual elements of the Content within the Site, CSID owns copyright or patent rights in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. You may copy the Content from the Web Site for your personal or educational use only, provided that each copy includes any copyright, trademark or service mark notice or attribution as they appear on the pages copied. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, none of the Content may be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without the express written permission of CSID or the owner of the Content.
H.Except as otherwise provided, we may send any notices to you to the most recent e-mail address you have provided to us or, if you have not provided an e-mail address, to any e-mail or postal address that we believe is your address. If you wish to update your registration information, please log in to your account and update your information.
Effective Date: May, 21, 2014
1. LEVERAGE and CSIdentity Corporation are authorized to pull Subscriber’s reports on such Subscriber’s behalf and share non-public personal information with third parties in order to provide the credit information and monitoring services (“Services”) to Subscriber,
2. By agreeing to this Subscription Agreement you are requesting certain services and will pay LSCU Service Corporation, Inc d/b/a LEVERAGE (“LEVERAGE”) or its designated agent according to the services that you choose.
4. While enrolling for the Services, we will ask you for the following types of information: contact information (such as name, address, phone number, and e-mail address); sensitive information (such as date of birth, driver’s license number and social security number); personal information to verify your identity and financial information (such as credit card number). This information is required in order to verify your identity, charge you the agreed upon fees for our Services, and to fulfill our obligation to provide our Services to you, including communicating with third parties as necessary to provide such Services and services, such as identification verification companies, consumer reporting agencies, credit bureaus, payment validation companies, law enforcement agencies, or others.
5. You agree that you will use the Services to protect against or prevent actual fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liabilities.
6. If a dispute arises out of or relates to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, and the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, the parties agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Rules. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or its breach, that is not resolved through mediation shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless LEVERAGE, CSIdentity Corporation and your referring Credit Union from and against any loss, action, claim or demand, including incurred attorney’s fees, resulting from or relating to, directly or indirectly, from the use of the Services.
7. YOU AGREE THAT ALL THE SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, WHERE IS” BASIS AND WITH ALL FAULTS. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY IS MADE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY, VALIDITY, OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY SERVICE (OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN). NO WARRANTIES WILL BE CREATED BY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR TRADE USAGE, AND ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. IN ADDITION, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES (OR ANY INFORMATION THEREIN) WILL BE FREE FROM ERRORS, WILL MEET SUBSCRIBER’S NEEDS, OR WILL BE PROVIDED ON AN UNINTERRUPTED BASIS. YOU EXPRESSLY HOLD HARMLESS ALL ENTITIES, PERSONS, PARTIES, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT.